Jeremy Radio (Hearing Protection Required)

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

To Boldly Go....




Another day I had been long dreaming of has finally come.... I own all seven seasons of Star Trek: The Next Generation on DVD. Now, when I was a young, misguided kid, I greatly disliked all things Star Trek because I thought they were just ripping off Star Wars (actually it was George Lucas who ripped us all off in the prequel trilogy! A few great moments, i.e. Darth Maul being cut in half, Jango Fett, & most of Episode 3, are far outweighed by Padme, most of Episode II, and Padme. But I digress....) but, of course Star Trek (Kirk) came well before my and Star Wars' time. After Linda made the worst mistake of her life and married me, I started watching TNG because her family did, and man, it was awesome! Picard is the Man!!!!! I was hooked and watched every night I could as it was on M-F in syndication while were at Fort Benning. The series ended, the movies started (keeping the even/odd streak alive) and the movies ended. There will be no more Picard. The seasons were whopping $90 apiece at the PX through the years, but recently, probably due to the dreaded "phase out" they have come down to half what I had paid in the past. (Sam's strikes again, Hooray!) and Linda finsihed off the collection for my birthday. Now they'll probably come out on Blu-ray, aaarrgh!








What a bee-you-tiful sight!!!



Resistance is Futile!


Does this offically make me a Geek??


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes it does.