Jeremy Radio (Hearing Protection Required)

Monday, August 17, 2009

My 15 seconds of fame on National Public Radio

On Sunday, my brass quintet with the 101st Band here at Fort Campbell played a few "Welcome Home" ceremonies for 100s of Vietnam Veterans who never got their "proper" due when they returned home many years ago, which was a really cool experience. While waiting for one of the ceremonies to start (there were three seperate ceremonies, mostly due to the large number of Veterans and their families who participated) a guy from NPR came over to the band and did an interview with me. I only had the one sound bite make it into the story (about 2:35 in), but at least they said my name and got a snippet of us playing. Just another day at the office...

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=111963980

4 comments:

Joshua said...

It's too bad they misspelled your name in the printed transcript. SERGEANT Jeremy Powell? I tried to post a comment to NPR to get the name changed, but was unsuccessful.

Way to go Jeremy... on national news!

Suzan Gage said...

Ah, I can finally say I am related to someone famous.

Linda said...

That was the most exciting 15 seconds of my day. :-)

Benjamin said...

Welcome to the big time, bro. Next you'll have half a second of airtime on a national primetime show like I did. That's when you know you've arrived!